• Proficiency in a wide variety of software tools and applications, Autocad, 3D Max, Rhino etc
• Ability to interpret engineering specifications and project drawings
• Proficiency in 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• English (written and verbal) – Mandatory
• Arabic (written and verbal) – Mandatory
To ensure project designs are in line with project specification and meet the functional, economical, environmental and safety requirements of the project
• Responsible for managing the design throughout the project
• Managing Design Subcontractors and Consultants
• Preparing Take-Off
• Preparing Method of Statements
• Preparing Technical Specifications
• Preparing Tender Documents
• Managing Documentation such as RFI, Design Log etc.
• Managing the Design within Budget
• Proposing, evaluating and implementing value engineering items without sacrificing the intent of the design
• Interface with engineering staff effectively to ensure the form, fit and function of designs while also working with fabrication managers to ensure cost effectiveness and manufacturability of designs.
• Review and verify design drawings and other technical documentation prepared by others to ensure correctness and accuracy in form, fit and function.
• Responsible for creating or managing building designs and highly detailed drawings
• Works around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
• Writes and presents reports, proposals, applications
• Responsible for applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new building and legal department.
• Draws up blueprints, using Computer Aided Design (CAD) packages